On Thursday 01 September 2005 19:39, Stephen P. Becker wrote:
> Witih amd64 becoming so widespread, this will change.
You think it's a thing that changes in 2 days?

> Doesn't the amd64 team have a set of 32-bit compat libs just to run
> binary packages?  When running 32-bit code, isn't amd64 basically just a
> glorified athlon-xp?
Kernel-level code doesn't work. Some 32-bit binaries fails to work, and the
emul-libs are NOT a way to say "it's 32-bit"...
There are TOO many differences...

About p.mask.. no I don't like that solution, p.mask is good for a platform
profile (for example bsd's, darwin's or linux's), but not to arch level, we
have -* keywords for that, haven't we?

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
Gentoo Developer - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/