9.9.2005, 11:58:21, Torsten Veller wrote:

> Well, i was told that adding the maintainer-needed herd is not a good
> idea and it is best to remove metadata.xml if no valuable information
> remains.

> I couldn't find information on that. Can somebody explain?

I don't understand this idea on removing metadata.xml. There are lots of
packages with [EMAIL PROTECTED] as herd in metadata. Removing
metadata.xml is IMHO a really bad idea. Just will make me look at the
ChangeLog, assign to maintainer-needed and CC someone who has touched the
ebuild most often.

> 2)
> What is the next step after the last maintainer is removed from metadata.xml?
> Well i announced these packages on -dev. Now i can wait some time (how
> long?) and then?

Put maintainer-needed in herd seems a logical solution to me. Hmmm. Maybe I
missed something?

--
Best regards,

 Jakub Moc
 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 GPG signature: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCEBA3D9E
 Primary key fingerprint: D2D7 933C 9BA1 C95B 2C95  B30F 8717 D5FD CEBA 3D9E

 ... still no signature ;)