2005-10-19, Petteri Räty sanoi, jotta:

> I thought that when I am bored I

Join GDP Finnish translation team! We're still short one followup
translator and pile of alt-arch stuff at least before getting official
status and linkage. ;-)

> might translate the longdescriptions
> in metadata.xml files to Finnish.

Hmm, can I suggest some QA or similar stuff for these before
committing? I don't fully know what's the visibility of this stuff
though, but I'd feel much nicer if they were at least proofread or peer
evaluated once before providing them to public. I don't mean to
question your Finnish capabilities of course, I've just participated in
Finnish localisations of Open Source things long enough to know how bad
Finnish some people can produce.

> While thinking about it the
> following problem came to mind: When the English descriptions are
> updated there is no way currently to mark the other translations as
> outdated. I think it would be create to have a modified attribute
> [...]

Well, I'm no expert on Portage tree stuff of course, but isn't that a
bit too complex for the problem. I mean, if some description gets
changed so crucially that translations need to be updated -- which as
far as I understand shouldn't be too often -- wouldn't it be enough to
just drop the old translations? If you really need automatic
notification on changes in these things, cvs mailing list or CIA bot is
easy way to see them.

--
Flammie, Gentoo Linux Documentation's Finnish head translator.
<http://dev.gentoo.org/~flammie>