On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 15:16:27 +0100 Paul de Vrieze <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
| I have one suggestion on an added header. I think that an Overrides:
| header should be added. This is for those messages that make a
| modular X was posted, but that a critical error was made in it. This
| was fixed, and to make sure that people read the new message, it is
| not a higher version.
|
| It is however not a good idea to have people then read the old
| message when the new message is there.

Hrm. The advantage of this over simply removing the old news item is
that it'll work if the user keeps unread messages around between
multiple syncs. The disadvantage is that it makes the implementation a
bit trickier. Opinions on the tradeoff?

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm