On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 19:32 +0000, Stuart Herbert wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 08:56 +0100, Wernfried Haas wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 06:52:04PM -0500, Dan Meltzer wrote:
> > > 1) Why post to forums.g.o if its on www, why would one check forums
> > > instead of www.
> > Redundancy - to get the attention of those folks that for whatever
> > reason visit the forums and not www.gentoo.org in a specific time
> > interval. The more places you cover, the more likely people will see it
> > somewhere. We've been doing that with GLSAs for quite a while now.
>
> The users I've spoken to about our news situation have expressly stated
> that one of their concerns is that there are *too many* places to check
> for news.

Did you specifically ask them if it is because we have different news in
different locations?  Somehow I think you're obscuring some facts to
make your own argument.

Allow me to make this one.  If I want to get all of my facts from
gentoo-announce, do I give a damn if the same thing is *also* posted on
www.gentoo.org for others to read?  Does it somehow inhibit my ability
to get all of the news from gentoo-announce?

> They're not looking for us to scatter news across many mediums - they
> want one place to go.

The only problem that we have now with our multiple mediums is that not
all news is on all mediums.  We should have the same information going
to all of these and let the user choose which method they like for
getting news.

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering - Strategic Lead