Stuart Herbert posted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
excerpted below,  on Sun, 06 Nov 2005 20:37:14 +0000:

> On Sat, 2005-11-05 at 13:58 +0100, Grobian wrote:
>> A lot Gentoo users I know read gentoo-announce and the GWN.
>
> But *many* more don't.  That's what we learned from the Apache package
> refresh, and what we've also learned from the PHP5 work.

While I agree with the point you make, I don't believe the apache upgrade
issues were announced on the announce list.  The news in the tree thing is
a good idea, IMO, but it'll take some time to implement.  "Earth changing"
(for some Gentoo users) announcements can and should go to announce --
that's what it's there for.

If I'm wrong about the apache upgrade, and it /was/ on announce, and I
just forgot about seeing it /there/ as I had already seen it discussed
here, which I /do/ remember, great!  I just don't recall seeing it there,
and tho I don't run apache myself, am of the opinion changes as big as
those described for apache /should/ have been on announce.