> Now, on the topic of the tarballs.
>
> Give me one example of something that you can do with a stage1 or stage2
> tarball that you cannot with a stage3 tarball.

Stage1: Changing CHOST= and run ./bootstrap.sh
(well you can do it but it's dumb)

Stage3: has full cxx/berkdb/ssl/pam/libwrap and all the cruft pulled in
from having use flags enabled thats not easy to get rid of otherwise.

I don't care what you do with the docs, but the stages 1, 3 need to
stay. stage2 has always been a bonus stage more or less added into the
mix cuz it's a byproduct of stage building (pre catalyst days).

--
solar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gentoo Linux