Luis F. Araujo wrote:
Hello everyone,

A few days ago i glanced over package.mask , and i was surprised
about how many non-existent ebuild/packages entries are there.

So, i wrote a script to try to get a list of those orphaned entries,
and it looks like there are more than 400 packages/ebuilds which are still
listed in p.m but that don't exist in the tree anymore.
(A bunch of them from the KDE herd btw)

*Please* take a look at http://dev.gentoo.org/~araujo/old_package.mask ,
for the list of these non-existent ebuilds/packages, in case you have forgotten something in there. I'd like if every person takes care of their own entries if possible. If not, i *personally* could go slowly removing the entries, along with other
people willing to help, or any other _better_ suggestion to deal with this?

I *of course* haven't checked all of the entry generated by the script manually , so there might probably exist packages which are indeed correct, so please re-check
before doing something.

I also noticed (slight detail) that there are a couple of recent entries at the bottom of this file, isn't the policy to have new entries added at the top? , is there any special
reason for this?

Ok, that's all for now!

Looks like something that could be added to the "list of unstable ebuilds" deal that also gets sent here, simple to script... ;)