On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 10:24:55AM +0100, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
> Most people that complain are probably misinformed about the usefulness of
> stages 1 and 2. They are really only useful if you know what you're doing
> and don't really need the handbook that much. Those users should be able
> to find the alternative installation docs. I do agree however that there
> should be some link to the relevant documentation from the handbook.

Actually the migration process did all that in one step:

- Update the Handbook
  . Remove stage1/2 instructions
  . Add a /couple/ of references to the Gentoo FAQ
- Update the Gentoo FAQ
- Update the Gentoo Handbook FAQ

Perhaps I should use the <blink>...</blink> tags more often.

Wkr,
      Sven Vermeulen

--
  Gentoo Foundation Trustee          |  http://foundation.gentoo.org