On Friday 27 January 2006 16:32, MIkey wrote:
> Paul de Vrieze wrote:
> > Would you mind sharing the useflags you mean, and which packages you want
> > to build? It might be bugs in the packages involved.
>
> My standard USE flags for building a lamp server.  No X, no cruft.
>
> USE="-X -alsa -apm -arts -avi -cups -doc -eds -emboss -gnome -gpm
> -gstreamer -gtk -gtk2 -imlib -info -ipv6 -kde -mad -man -mikmod -motif -mp3
> -mpeg -nls -ogg -oggvorbis -opengl -oss -pam -qt -quicktime -sdl -vorbis
> -xmms -xv apache2 mysql nptl nptlonly php userlocales"

Using this flags on a freshly compiled stage3 (from a stage1, just running
emerge system without setting useflags) I get no blockers at all, when
setting the useflags at the point that system has been recompiled.

Depclean does suggest removing a number of packages though. Some of which can
be dangerous to remove (like pam).

I'm sorry, but I can't replicate the problem with regard to merging php for
these useflags on a fresh stage3.

Paul

--
Paul de Vrieze