Marius Mauch wrote:
On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 14:49:55 -0500
Mark Loeser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On a more global scale, we should decide if this is valid though.  I
haven't exactly been convinced that it is useful, but I'm not opposed
to the idea. I'd just like to see a decision one way or another.

Yeah, unfortunately none of the people proposing the idea ever wrote a
glep or even filed a bug regarding this (AFAIK), also as the quoted
threads show there are a number of possible solutions for this.

TGL did some work on this under bug #84884, though his changes are more invasive than what i had in mind. I don't see the need for portage to dig through use.*desc when euse already works and equery can pretty easily be made to.

Anyways I just like anything that makes use.desc more useful than

foo - adds support for foo

--de.