On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 12:05:58 -0600 Grant Goodyear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
| Of course, that leaves the question of who decides on the severity of
| a QA violation?

All this talk of severity, and no talk of "ease of detection" or "ease
of fixing"...

Allow me to explain. There are certain not particularly high impact
issues that can very easily be detected, and with 100% reliability, by
The Thing About Which We Do Not Talk. Any individual one of these
doesn't look like such a big deal, but when we're talking a couple of
hundred instances, all of which can easily be fixed in less overall
time than it would take to even detect one instance of a particular
severe problem, it's most definitely worth concentrating on the 'easy'
issue.

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Wearer of the shiny hat)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm