On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 18:19 +0000, Stephen Bennett wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 18:59:49 +0100
> Patrick Lauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > (and this is valid for all emails to technical lists,)
> > please save us some time and many emails by stating what is wrong when
> > you show a QA violation.
>
> This is a technical discussion list, and as such it is fair to assume
> that anyone getting involved in a discussion on a particularly topic
> knows enough about said topic to understand what is going on. If you
> can't see what's wrong with the snippet he gave, then you shouldn't be
> in the discussion, and, frankly, probably shouldn't have commit rights
> to the tree either.
Yeah, like it took me about two minutes of staring at the snippet to see
why it's evil when reading a short explanation would have made me see
that in 15 seconds.

After all not everyone reading this list is a code ninja, please just
stop this email pingpong and (like we do it with bugs) explain what is
the issue instead of letting people guess.

That might even teach those that are not yet super-gurus and is in
general a nice thing to do.
--
Stand still, and let the rest of the universe move