On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 09:15 -0500, Dan Meltzer wrote:
> Asking developers to "proxy" takes almost as much time as it does to
> ask them to maintain a package by themselves.

wrong

>  The developer is
> directly responsible for anything he commits, so he will have to still
> test the ebuild, still test any revisions, and still follow the
> package to make sure there are no problems.  The writing the ebuild
> part of the process is not that much of the commitment, I don't see
> the point.

we are not just talking about new ebuilds/bumps
having someone do all the work and having to only verify the end results
of the users work is a big help, instead of having to look into the
problem, checking if a fix exists elsewhere, or digging through the
source yourself, you verify the fix solves the problem and does only
that.

and everyone wins