On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 14:10:04 -0700
Brian Harring <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 03:00:13PM -0500, Grant Goodyear wrote:
> > Paul de Vrieze wrote: [Thu Jun 01 2006, 02:44:39PM CDT]
> > > I would like the council to discuss GLEP 49
> > Incidentally, I drafted a competing GLEP
> Realize you'ure after keeping it open, but there is more to the tree

I would like the council to nail down the details of what package
manager specific data can and cannot be put in gentoo-x86 as well as
what the requirements and process of replacing or providing an
alternative to portage will be. Getting the specifics down in writing
will avoid a lot of headaches down the road as non-portage package
managers mature. There are a lot of sides to this discussion, almost
all of the possible view points were expressed on [EMAIL PROTECTED] All
of it is available in the mailing list archives for review, so I'm also
asking that the subscribers to [EMAIL PROTECTED] please refrain from
starting another flamewar.

-tcort