2006-06-19, Jan Kundrát sanoi, jotta:

> Paul de Vrieze wrote:
> > What about messages output by ebuilds? Are they also going to be
> > translated? In that case, how?
>
> There's no way to provide localized output of einfo/... calls from
> ebuild that I'm aware of. Suggestions are welcome :)

Is there a reason why calling gettext from einfo() etc. or extracting
messages from tree using e.g. xgettext wouldn’t work?

Apart from technicalities, it does raise number of practical problems
to keep translations up-to-date with live tree as well as making the
messages easier to localise, as with current spliced strings it would
generally be a PITA to do.

--
Flammie, Gentoo Linux Documentation’s Finnish head translator
and FlameEyes’ bot <http://dev.gentoo.org/~flammie>.