On Wednesday 21 June 2006 00:52, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> Yes, you will need to introduce a qt4 flag as upstreams
> port packages to qt5, if they choose to also retain a qt4 frontend.
You're trying to compare gtk to qt directly. They are not the same.
gtk regards only the graphic library, qt is a library of utility functions
too. Qt can be considered like gtk+glib, and that make things more complex.

As I said, I'd rather see two flags, qt3 and qt4, to identify the two
versions. A simpler alternative would be qt (defaults to 3) and qt4, but
that's going to be confused on the long run to something similar to gtk.

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE