> I disagree with separate packages, if it's possible to build both at
> once. That's the point of USE flags.

I'd say that's fine in the general case, but with a slotted package it's
going to be extremely messy.

I think we're in agreement that "qt" should represent the most recent
version supported by the particular package.

If people want to create local use flags for the older qt3 version, I
suppose that's ok, but I think you're going to start running into using a
lot of "build_with_use" statements to see if that version was built or
not.  It seems cleaner from the ebuild perspective just to be able to put
in a dep on a package name rather than a pseudo-hack in order to support
multiple interfaces via a single ebuild.

Caleb