Patrick Lauer wrote:
> No, it just shows that two different standards are applied and jakub (as
> well as some others) do not wish for any discrimination.
> If sunrise gets blocked with the argument "it's an overlay" then, by
> logic, the Java overlay should get the same treatment, even if this is
> stupid, unfair and stupid.

Wow, you are incredibly good at dismissing the actual argument that many
folks have raised against sunrise, and instead inserting the
"waaaaaaahhhhhh!!! they aren't treating us the same!!!" argument.  In
fact, there is no reason to be treated the same in this case.  The
council decided that sunrise was to be suspended, which in my mind
constitutes a total scorched earth policy with respect to the use of any
sort of Gentoo infra in any way.  The council did not decide that the
java overlay was to be suspended, ergo the java overlay can use Gentoo
infra as a resource.

> I'm sorry if the sunrise-related decisions have negative influence on
> other projects and I hope that these issues get sorted out soon.
> Personally I find this debate silly, jokey and genstef have done
> whatever they could to reach a compromise for sunrise without castrating
> the project. If that isn't enough it starts to look to me like an attack
> on the persons and not on the technical structure.

Please, cut the bullshit and stop deflecting these arguments as a
personal attack, which you *always* seem to do once an argument reaches
a point that you have nothing meaningful to say.

-Steve