Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
Further, we keep track of other hardware-related metadata in USE_EXPAND, too. See INPUT_DEVICE and VIDEO_CARDS.
Quite a different thing to me, considering the wide quantity of them.
But for an handful of useflag it would be a bit of overkill.

Perhaps you are thinking too narrowly here. Consider that this USE_EXPAND could potentially be used to enable cpu specific flags over more arches than just 32/64-bit x86. It seems clear that ppc and sparc could already benefit, and I can think of at least one situation on mips where it would be useful.

Any other arch teams care to comment? How many different types of CPUs would it take to become a "wide quantity" in your eyes?

-Steve