Kevin F. Quinn wrote:
I'd like to suggest we make FEATURES=test (and therefore USE=test) the
default behaviour, rather than the opt-in we currently have.  Far too
many packages fail their test phase.

Since we encourage users to set CFLAGS in ways that upstream may not
have predicted, if upstream go to the trouble of providing tests it
seems sensible to me that they should be run, unless there is a very
good reason not to run them.  This will help pick up faults that are due
to the compiler version, CFLAGS etc much more consistently.

At the very least, ebuild maintainers and ATs should be running with
tests switched on.  If the tests are known to fail then the ebuild can
either RESTRICT=test, or just return successfully from src_test()
where the test report is useful even if some tests fail.

Thoughts?

Give me some numbers on how many things still fail with that enabled because I would be concerned if the number is too high.