Marius Mauch wrote:
On Sat, 5 Aug 2006 13:14:17 +0200
Sascha Geschwandtner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

So right now, I'd like to see "collision-protect sandbox strict"
included in the default FEATUREs.

sandbox and strict are already default for a long time.

Not 100% true. Sandbox has been broken on mips for the entirety of its existence, so we have to disable it in the top level mips profile. It is something that we would like to see fixed for real. Kumba snagged some patch from debian for glibc that quasi-fixes it, where by that I mean it goes from being 100% unusable to about 80% unusable.

-Steve

P.S. Note that we have offered various portage devs hardware and/or an account on Iluxa's ginormous Origin 2000 machine in the past with the intention of getting this fixed, and nobody has taken us up on that...