On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 01:19:41PM -0500, Lance Albertson wrote:
> Wernfried Haas wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 05:35:53PM +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> >> Should, sure. Care to back up the will part?
> >
> > Time travel is not possible, so i am not able to present you hard
> > evidence.
> >
> > What i can assure you is that there is a policy that says so, and that
> > policies are there to be followed.
>
> The point we're making here is, policies mean nothing if they can't be
> backed up. The past has shown that not to happen, and until there's hard
> evidence to show that something is actively being done, then the
> assumption that nothing will happen will stand. I don't care how many
> policies you come up with, they mean absolutely nothing if you can't
> actively deal with the consequences.

Ok, so i guess it boils down to:
You and Chris believe devrel won't do anything based on your personal
judgement.
I believe devrel will do something based on my personal judgement.

Neither of this points can be proven right or wrong other than waiting
how it turns out. I hope time proves things don't stay the same for
all the time and things can change.

cheers,
        Wernfried

--
Wernfried Haas (amne) - amne at gentoo dot org
Gentoo Forums: http://forums.gentoo.org