On Wednesday 04 October 2006 17:10, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
> At the same time,
> I dislike us having so much "competition" internally, as I think it
> helps to foster some of the conflict and ill will that many of us have
> towards each other.
It probably depends to which level of competition we're referring to.

Gentoo/FreeBSD can be considered as a competitor for Gentoo Linux, because we
try to get the same result (an usable distribution) in a different way
(different kernel and userland).

KDE is a competitor for GNOME, too, but there's space for both of them in
Gentoo.

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Sound, ALSA, PAM, KDE, CJK, Ruby ...