On 10/4/06, Chris Gianelloni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Work is done in the overlays, tested, improved, then committed
into the main tree once the kinks have been worked out.  We get a
stronger core tree with fewer "developers" and a better interaction with
the community.

And a Gentoo that's so deeply loved by those who enact this plan that
they've strangled it with their love.

Ugh.  No thanks.

Gentoo's not just a project, it's a community.  Those of us who work
within it have a moral duty to preserve it, and all the opportunities
it offers people, for the developers who will come after us.  It is
_not_ for us to steal those opportunities from future generations.

Gentoo isn't ours.  We just hold it in trust for the moment.

Best regards,
Stu