On Thu, 2006-10-05 at 15:47 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 16:39:50 +0200 Natanael Copa
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> | I'm initially only interested in maintaining packages where I'm the
> | upstream maintainer as well.
>
> Ick. Rarely a good idea. That removes a layer of QA.

ok. whatever...

so, I have learned alot today.

* I can't become a proxy maintainer. (you guys will continue your
"fight" if its a good or bad idea having proxy maintainers and meanwhile
nothing will happen)

* It's a bad idea for me to become a dev since I only want to maintain
stuff I know I will be able to maintain. (I cant start small and take
more and more packages over time, when/if I feel I'm able to do more)

That leaves me with the conclution that its best to just continue to run
my own local portage tree and submit bugreports once in a while and hope
for the best, just like I have always been doing.

Thanks!

--
Natanael Copa