Natanael Copa wrote:
That leaves me with the conclution that its best to just continue to run
my own local portage tree and submit bugreports once in a while and hope
for the best, just like I have always been doing.
No matter what community you decide to participate in (Gentoo, local, church, whatever) there is always going to be a presence of power struggles, red tape, beuracracy, etc. Sure there are people that are vocal, but that doesn't imply that they represent the majority. There's still a great deal of people who quietly work on improving things in the background that never get noticed and don't make much noise.

If you don't like all the wang-fests, then just ignore them and get back to developing.

Steve