Dan Meltzer wrote:

> None of which are that helpful for a networkless install :/

Funny, I can still do networkless install with those just fine by
fetching the distfiles tarballs before install - hint: emerge -[fF]

Plus nothing stops you from creating your own customized media using our
release tools, as already said. You can still install Gentoo from stage1
if you really wish, it's just not something that we want to support any
more. You can do lots of other things, like stage4 stuff. I don't see
how are we discriminating anyone; we just choose what we can support and
what we don't wish/can't support any more with the limited manpower
available.

--
Best regards,

 Jakub Moc
 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 GPG signature:
 http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCEBA3D9E
 Primary key fingerprint: D2D7 933C 9BA1 C95B 2C95  B30F 8717 D5FD CEBA 3D9E

 ... still no signature   ;)