On Thursday 26 October 2006 00:57, Alec Warner wrote:
> Caleb Cushing wrote:
> > reporting additions of new programs aren't feasible? or are you
> > referring to version updates and package bumps and such....
>
> Reporting removals will be done by treecleaners once I have it implemented.
>
> Reporting additions may require some cvs foo on lark; such as new
> directories in  ${PORTDIR}/$CAT/
>
> Someone needs to implement the foo; however.

(Not on cvs, but on a normal tree, but maybe works on cvs. There is a sanity
check by checking that a dir contains at least 1 ebuild)

===== start =====
OLDPKGS=/var/cache/gwn/oldpkgs
NEWPKGS=`mktemp -t`
find /usr/portage -mindepth 2 -maxdepth 2 |while read in
do
  EB=`echo $in/*.ebuild`
  if [ -n "$EB" ]; then
    echo $in
  fi
done >$NEWPKGS
#These are new packages
cat $OLDPKGS $OLDPKGS $NEWPKGS|sort |uniq -u

#Old packages can be retrieved almost similarly:
#cat $OLDPKGS $NEWPKGS $NEWPKGS|sort |uniq -u

mv $NEWPKGS $OLDPKGS

Paul

--
Paul de Vrieze