On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 02:18:41 +0000 Jason Stubbs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
| Yes, I'm also sick of this negative level of civility. If I don't
| preempt it now, I'll likely be told that I'm taking the above two
| quotes out of context

Which you are, since you removed a large part of my answer and then
used it to claim that my answer was unhelpful. Hint: read all of what I
wrote.

| Ciaran's analogies are always outrageous, condescending and greatly
| accentuated.

And a lot of people find them a pleasant change from the usual lack of
style and humour exhibited on this list. Effective technical writing
does not have to be boring.

| Specifically, his intention is never to help the person
| he is replying to, but rather to show them that they are wrong.

The person is irrelevant. What matters is whether someone looks at a
proposed incorrect solution and uses it.

| He believes that is purely up to the person that he is replying to
| whether they learn from it or not.

Well yes. What is this, nursery school?

| discussing it further won't help any.

But you still felt the need to try to throw in a cheap shot full of
personal attacks. Right.

--
Ciaran McCreesh
Mail                : ciaranm at ciaranm.org