"Stuart Herbert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> posted
[EMAIL PROTECTED], excerpted
below, on  Tue, 07 Nov 2006 16:09:31 +0000:

> On 11/7/06, Duncan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> No devs get paid directly for working on Gentoo -- they are all
>> volunteers.
>
> That statement may or may not be true.  We don't require Gentoo
> developers to disclose this information, so it's always possible that
> some Gentoo developers are paid to work on Gentoo and the rest of us
> just don't know about it.
>
> What is true is what Chris says - the Gentoo Foundation (owner of
> Gentoo's IPR) does not pay anyone to work on Gentoo.

Thanks for the correction.  The latter (not paid /by/ /Gentoo/) is what I
meant by "directly".  If they are paid by some third party to work on
Gentoo, that's an entirely different (and rightly private) matter, which I
would have classified as "indirectly".  I had thought that was apparent
from the context (where I discussed that possibility), but it seems not so
much.

Anyway, we both agree Chris's statement is the case.  Again, thanks for
the clarification.