On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 09:11:11 +0100 Harald van Dijk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
| > Why else would a user want to refuse ebuilds that set userpriv?
|
| As a safeguard against accidental mistakes by upstream.

But ebuilds setting RESTRICT=userpriv are explicitly saying "we can't
use userpriv not because of an accident but because the build system
really needs elevated privs". If a user wants to be protected against
accidental mistakes, they set FEATURES=userpriv and accidental mistakes
are caught whilst intentional requirements are let through.

--
Ciaran McCreesh
Mail                                : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
Web                                 : http://ciaranm.org/