On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 01:34:36 -0700 "Daniel Robbins"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 3/3/07, Denis Dupeyron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > What do you think of a simplified handbook ? One that presents a lot
> > fewer choices to the user, in order to be less confusing.
>
> YES, it's needed. The handbook didn't turn out quite as I expected it
> to. It should document a typical installation process with small links
> to alternate approaches and options that a user might opt to follow.

I asked for this approach back when the handbook was first created. It
was rejected by the docs team for being "too complicated to maintain".
Following Sven's (I think...) suggestion, I instead ported the quick
install guide (which is one page, and doesn't go off on lots of
weird tangents) to the archs upon which I was working at the time.

--
Ciaran McCreesh
Mail                                : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
Web                                 : http://ciaranm.org/