On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 03:34:49 -0500 Mike Frysinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> On Saturday 03 March 2007, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> > If there's some value to be
> > found in having PMS ready in the short term that I'm missing then I
> > want to hear it so that I can spend more time working on PMS and
> > less on other things.
>
> where did anyone say short term ?  in fact, the portion of my
> previous e-mail you cut covered this

A deadline implies short term to me. In my understanding, short term is
something where there's a deadline or similar requirement, and long
term is "sometime in the future, but no hurry". The dictionary [1] tends
to agree:

short-term adj 1. of, for or extending over a limited period.

But, if you'd rather I didn't use that term:

If there's some value to be found in having PMS ready by a particular
date that I'm missing then I want to hear it so that I can spend more
time working on PMS and less on other things.

[1] Collins English Dictionary

--
Ciaran McCreesh
Mail                                : ciaranm at ciaranm.org