On 3/14/07, Ciaran McCreesh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 03:45:01 +0100 Luca Barbato <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> > QA is supposed to avoid fixing other people's code where things are
> > actively maintained.
>
> I usually ask before messing with other's stuff but if I find
> something wrong I rather fix it myself while I'm at it (and I'm quite
> happy if people does the same for my stuff).
>
> in the genstef vs hansmi example if hansmi just asked genstef if he
> mind if he just change the masking to the proper one and just commit
> the local fix he had in place to make paludis happy probably won't be
> much to argue.

Paludis had nothing to do with that. It was a Portage change that
required the update.

hansmi's log was from 1-06-2007.  The change in portage was added
1-23-07.  This was before the discussion and portage fix, when the
reason was pure paludis.
(http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/portage?rev=5760&view=rev)

--
Ciaran McCreesh