Just a note to this. I'm co-maintainer of netbeans ebuild. Netbeans does
milestone releases. These are pretty stable and usable since milestone 7
of netbeans 6.0 with many new features that make sense to use the
milestone releases. I have to name the ebuilds netbeans-6.0_alpha7 etc.
though I was assured by mkt guy from Sun it is not yet alpha quality. It
would be fair to the upstream and to users to not use _alpha because it
is not alpha but there's no appropriate choice available.

- --
Miroslav Šulc (fordfrog)
Gentoo/Java Team