On Sat, 2007-03-17 at 01:08 -0700, Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh wrote:
> Rather then analyze the proposed solution, I'd like to
> question the problem itself. Do we really want to provide
> all the different intermediate development "sort of releases"
> in our tree?

That came up in the link I provided in another post.
http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-dev&m=117251925901310&w=2

IMHO I think it should be up to the package maintainer how close they
want to follow upstream. With regard to development, progress, testing,
qa, feedback. I think it's a very good thing, since it allows things to
be caught before actual releases, during development.

I know when I am developing stuff, it's way easier to address during the
process rather than after the fact.

But if there are any policies or etc. I surely do not want to be
breaking them. Also this is not broken or really experimental stuff. If
it was I would either p.mask, or put in an overlay.

Although I feel things tend to get the greatest exposure and chance of
user testing and feedback, if it's in tree.

--
William L. Thomson Jr.
Gentoo/Java