Duncan wrote:
> As one who was offended when one of my first bugs got INVALIDated...

I know the feeling, mate :)

> NOTABUG would have been better.  It may suffer some of the same issues,
> but is better, and at least here, wouldn't have the discouraging
> connotations due to the minor variation in meaning.  Invalid (to me)
> implies a judgement of the work of the submitter, while NOTABUG (to me)
> implies more a simple variance of opinion, recognizing the other
> viewpoint as possibly valid (not invalid), but simply choosing a
> different route, making a different choice.

Agreed. Let's face it, this is a question of how it makes users feel about
getting involved with helping Gentoo.

> After looking the word and a couple related words up in kdict and paying
> special attention to the thesaurus, I came up with a couple other
> suggestions as well:
>
> NULL or VOID.

Yuck! Personally I understand the computer word well, and if i were to get a
NUL it would mean no signal (yes, i know it's a zero). Void has bad
connotations too for some reason, like a dustbin, er.

I'd stick with NOTABUG. After all, it's not like other projects haven't got
anything to teach about user involvement.. what's wrong with standards? ;)