On Sun, 2007-03-25 at 16:47 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Saturday 24 March 2007, Christel Dahlskjaer wrote:
> > It looks like our social contract doesn't prohibit Gentoo from being
> > dependent upon a single sponsor or corporation. In the interests of
> > keeping Gentoo run by the developers rather than any outside party, how
> > about the following addition to the Social Contract?
> >
> > <heading>We will be run by the Development Community</>
> > Gentoo will be run by the development community. We will never allow
> > ourselves to be reliant upon a single sponsor or corporation.
>
> i think this whole idea is a moot point anyways ... go visit the Gentoo
> Foundation web site and see Chapter 2 Section 5

And how exactly does this help us in the event of say the OSL burning
down or the GNi suffering flooding? :)

My point was simply that I think we would be wise to research whether
there is the possibility of spreading our critical infrastructure a bit
better so that in the event of an Act of God or suchlike we wouldn't
find ourselves losing everything to, say, water damage.

I agree, adding a line to the social contract won't magically send our
servers across the world and into the homes^Wdatacenters of hundreds of
wonderful new sponsors. Would be nice if it did though!