On Tue, 01 May 2007 14:52:30 -0700
Josh Saddler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> anyway, on the subject of tests...as others have covered the *first*
> time this was discussed on the lists, mandatory tests being run every
> time the user installs a package? no. oh hell no. we don't seem to do
> that much with the packages in our tree now, do we?

The first time this was discussed didn't come up with an ideal
solution, and the existing situation is severely broken. Hence why this
thread is going back to first principles -- once we've established what
the problem really is, *then* we can start discussing solutions again.

If you don't have anything constructive to say about the former, please
keep quiet about the latter. That *you* cannot see an adequate
solution does not mean that others won't after proper discussion.

--
Ciaran McCreesh