Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> On 00:12 Sun 14 Oct     , Doug Goldstein wrote:
>
>> Because if you pass the inverse the script blows up. It's ffmpeg's
>> configure script that's a hand written script and modified by the MythTV
>> developers.
>>

> Sigh. Any chance of getting things to move to autotools?
>
> Thanks,
> Donnie

Donnie,

In my 4 years of experience with this package and maintaining it and
contributing patches upstream. You don't think I've suggested it? You
don't think I've tweaked this ebuild to work as best as possible for our
users?

I know the other thing I didn't answer was the fact that some variables
aren't quoted. It doesn't matter at all considering their configure
script can't handle spaces in the path names anyway. We've been though
that already. Additionally, qmake can't handle spaces in there even if
you do quote so it really doesn't matter much.

Some of these review changes truly feel like working at a company where
you know the ins and outs of your tool. You can rattle off its
capabilities to a millimeter. A new boss/manager comes in and has no
idea what the tool is or the mission but by god he knows how to do your
job better and you will follow his procedures. It makes no difference if
his steps have no effect on the tool and waste more of your time. You
additionally have to start giving him progress reports on how you're
doing using his procedures, which instantly means you get less work done.

That's what this commits review list feels like.