Jonathan Adamczewski wrote:
> Doug Goldstein wrote:
>
>> That's what this commits review list feels like.
>>

> Nearly every suggestion (from Donnie and others) has been over some
> issue that relates directly to either correctness or maintainability.
> It doesn't matter if you can "rattle off capabilities to a millimeter" -
> if they're not documented somewhere (like, say, in the comments of the
> ebuild) then the maintainer that comes after you gets to go and break it
> all over again.
>

> jonathan.

Correctness? Fine. Go ahead. Stick $(use_enable xvmc) into the ebuild.
Do it. I dare you. Then try to compile.

Guess what? When it blows up... that's called INcorrect. The opposite of
the right thing.

The maintainer who comes after me would be someone with a experience
with the package. Some bumkin isn't going to come to maintain package
XYZ unless they know or use the package, and guess what? That means
experience.