On Sat, Dec 01, 2007 at 05:45:02AM +0000, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> This is your monthly friendly reminder !  Same bat time (typically
> the 2nd Thursday at 2000 UTC / 1600 EST), same bat channel
> (#gentoo-council @ irc.freenode.net) !
>
> If you have something you'd wish for us to chat about, maybe even
> vote on, let us know !  Simply reply to this e-mail for the whole
> Gentoo dev list to see.

The new USE documentation discussion was mailed to the council by
flameeyes after the first posts in gentoo-dev[1], but I'm not sure if
it's really in the agenda so, please, consider it to be discussed.

I would suggest this kind of question based on the different ideas shown
by the developers comunity:

 - What is proper way to make changes to ebuild related information
   (metadata.dtd)? Do we need a GLEP? It only need to be discussed in -dev
   first? Gentoo-doc is who control metadata.dtd?

And depends on the conclusion, please think if the current USE
documentation specified in metadata.xml is consider as final.

Thanks.

P.D: This is not a post to discuss the new USE documentation (again), is
just a request to the council to decide in this area where we
(developers) have different points of view.

[1] http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_149120.xml

--
Jose Luis Rivero <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gentoo/Doc Gentoo/Alpha