On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 09:55:06 +0000
Ciaran McCreesh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > No package manager required information can be in XML format.
> >
> > Says who? Us. We can change that, if we decide it's the best answer.
> > =)
>
> Say the Portage people for the past lots of years.

I assume you're referring to some statements I and maybe Nick made several
years ago, I don't think Brian, Jason or Zac ever really thought about it. I
can only speak for myself, but those past statements were mostly due to
experiences made with glsa-check and issues in the python/pyxml relationship
(in 2003), things may have changed since then so those statements could be
re-evaluated.

Marius