On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 22:42 +0100, Fabian Groffen wrote:
> On 09-01-2008 13:03:13 -0800, Chrissy Fullam wrote:
> > You have a negative history with wolf31o2, and the details of which quite
> > frankly should be kept off this mailing list. His negative experiences
> > throughout all of 2007 with Conflict Resolution and consequently Developer
> > Relations justify any of your alleged 'attacks on devrel.' Let's take this
> > discussion elsewhere.
>
> > Kind regards,
> > Christina Fullam
> > Gentoo Developer Relations Lead | Gentoo Public Relations
>
> IMHO, you have a very big conflict of interest in this issue.  Why do

Umm... and?

Where in policy does it say that someone *must* remove themselves from a
*conversation* where there *might* be a conflict of interest or bias?
See, I had assumed that we all were supposed to respect each other's
ability to look at the *facts* and *evidence* and make decisions based
on said facts and evidence.  I mean, if we all stopped participating in
conversations where we had our own personal bias, there'd be no need for
this list, our IRC channels, or any shared communications medium.  See,
it is *expected* that people are going to be biased.  Everyone will have
their own bias.  It is how people *act* that makes the difference.  Of
course, I guess that only applies when it has nothing to do with me,
huh?

> you (for the second time) handle a case like this one, and not someone
> else from devrel?

Like who, exactly?  Can you even tell who is active in Developer
Relations?  The Conflict Resolution team is *exactly* Christel, who is
pretty much AWOL (not that I blame her... :P) and Ferris.

> I have a hard time to take your message as an objective and unbiased
> one.

So?  You mean the fact that I've had numerous verifiable issues with
Developer Relations is somehow a matter of opinion that is being based
on bias?  I guess the emails that I sent to Developer Relations about
issues that I was having *long before Chrissy ever became a developer*
are all a part of her "bias" towards me and completely fabricated?  What
about the fact that several other members of Developer Relations have
been reviewing and agreeing with all of her determinations?

I find this whole thing humorous.  None of you know a damn thing about
Chrissy and my relationship, yet you make your assumptions.  Keep on
assuming.  I really couldn't care less.

It's this exact form of double standard and using things only when they
fit what you want that keeps things from actually getting done,
especially when they're untrue or based on faulty assumptions.  I guess
that's just business as usual around here, though.

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering Strategic Lead