On Sunday, 02. March 2008 20:25:09 Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
> > Do we inspire them by telling them that anybody who has made this
> > choice in the past is not to be rewarded financially for doing so?
> This brings up a different point of view too.

From my point of view it's pretty simple: I don't see us generating enough
interest among people not yet associated with Gentoo to successfully
participate.

Your idea would be fine with me if we had enough people wanting to do it
but I don't really see that happen.

> Why should just somebody be rewarded financially and not someone else?

Because as a student people usually need the money more.

> Why only people who are still in school, and not people who left school?

People who already left school hopefully have a job to pay their bills. If
not, GSoC won't help much either as you stated correctly.

--
Best regards, Wulf