Enrico Weigelt wrote:
* Luca Barbato <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:

Hi,

Now, gegl has 13 optional dependencies that could be use-flagged. The pity is, it has no configure-option for most of them, they are autodetected.

A good example for miserable design ;-P
That's why I everything should be entirely built in sysroot.

My experience with the gimp developers in the past was that they weren't very pleased by bugs about automagic deps and I assume if I post them without patches, they'll get closed immediately. Now I always avoided to dig too deep into autotools, so I don't feel skilled enough for this task.
Ping me and we could work out something, probably the best way would be hack a PKG_CONFIG_CONDITIONAL that does whatever the canned pkgconfig does+ adding the --enable option.

I strongly advise against this. The clean way is to fix the package.
(it's build scripts). I'm doing so in the OSS-QM project, eg. for
Mozilla ...

That is the plan, you produce a simple m4 macro that does for you once and then apply it every time you have a bare pkg check.

I'd like to invite you to the OSS-QM project - let's do all the
cleanups there and provide overlay by patch, so all distros now
just have to pick their right configure args.

http://oss-qm.metux.de/

I'll have a look soon.

lu

--