On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 01:42:34 +0200
Bo Ørsted Andresen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > Things I believe should be trivial to implement:
> > > - Custom output names in SRC_URI, also called arrows (bug #177863)
> >
> > This I'd definitely delay as it probably affects a number of things.
>
> Such as?

Anything that uses SRC_URI.

> > > - Enable FEATURES=test by default (bug #184812)
> >
> > Only if >99% of the stable and ~arch tree and all potential "system"
> > packages build with it (IOW: no)
>
> Err.. Maybe this could have been phrased better but then I did expect
> you would look at the bug before commenting. The idea is to enable
> tests by default in EAPI 2 and beyond and let them stay off by
> default in EAPI 0 and 1. This way devs who want to use EAPI 2 will
> either have to fix their tests or RESTRICT them. Doing it this way
> avoids the issue of having to fix the whole tree all at once. Users
> can still choose not to go with the default.

Which means it's no longer controlled by a single FEATURES flag,
FEATURES=test means always on, while FEATURES=-test (or missing) means
always off.
Means it's not a simple switch anymore, therefore unlikely for 2.2.

Marius

--
Public Key at http://www.genone.de/info/gpg-key.pub

In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.