Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 07:39:53 +0200
Rémi Cardona <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Ciaran McCreesh a écrit :
So how are we supposed to handle packages where upstream *require*
that anyone building from source runs 'make check'?
If it's required to get the final binaries, then it should be in src_compile.

I don't know any package that does require such a thing, but IMHO it should be a QA warning if a build system writes anything to ${D}
during src_test. (could sandbox be tweaked to do that?)

A whole bunch of science packages have upstreams that say "If you're
building from source, run 'make check' and if it fails don't carry on".

Their rationale behind that is that their code is severely broken, using experimental features from their language of choice or, simply, that they are paranoid and couldn't think better ways to annoy people?

For that matter, I'm strongly inclined to say that for Paludis too...

Getting the build time from 30minutes to an hour or more?

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo Council Member