On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 11:05:01 +0200
Luca Barbato <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Just for fun I took some of the ideas about alternative management of
> the issue and specified the features it makes it worth changing
> (better management and automated snapshot generation from the live
> ebuild).
>
> http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero/glep/liveebuild.rst
>
> I'd like to see some comment on it (I put it in glep form just now so
> it isn't exactly perfect)

* ordering for _pre is wrong.

* How are you planning to handle reinstalls? Should installing world
always reinstall live things? Never? Or what?

* How are live ebuilds selected by the package manager?

* What's the filename for "live ebuild for SVN trunk/"? What about
"live ebuild for SVN branches/0.26/"?

--
Ciaran McCreesh